Wednesday 23 May 2007

Outside Luanda


Last weekend I took the chance to go outside Luanda with some friends. It’s a good thing to go outside Luanda. The chaotic traffic is still there as you leave and when you return, but for the rest it is quite relaxing to the eye and to the nervous system in general. We drove some 160 Km south of the capital, to Cabo Ledo, and camped on the beach. The flora is quite amazing on the way, and I promise to post some pictures of it in the near future. I also intend to post pictures of Luanda, but those are harder to take, especially interesting ones. People are known to get into trouble with the police, military and other people due to photography shooting. For now let’s just enjoy the calmness of a weekend in the beach.

3 comments:

Nuno Guronsan said...

I'm having flashbacks...

Where are the pictures with the arms wide open? That's the only sure way of knowing you are indeed in Angola.

;)

Abraço.

anne B said...

wow, those rocks are breathtaking!!! wish i was there with you...

Jorge said...

So, I have discovered that I can comment my own posts :-) Quite useful, if you want to answer other comments, no? Nuno, I will at some point do as you request! And Anne, my love, they were indeed so.