Friday 11 May 2007

So here I am

In the end, I did make it on the 3rd of May, and with all of my five bags and suitcases. To make it short, I flew over half of Africa, landed a nice landing, stood in some lines for some time, and passed through immigration, where nobody really saw or cared about “AndrĂ©”, my new middle name. I got the bags, and in the end, after quitting on being recognized by one of those people near the group holding other people’s name plates, I managed to call the office by borrowing the cell phone of some fellow immigrant, who had just been informed that his car ride was stuck in traffic 2 kilometres and 50 minutes away. Some time after, my own ride arrived, and off we went. First to the address where the apartment keys where agreed to be - and where there was nobody -, then to the office, where I met some colleagues, then back to the keys spot, and then, with the keys in hand, to find the apartment. Finally, to sweat an impressive amount by carrying heavy bags up 3 high floors under intense heat. It all went remarkably well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well done!
With all this african field training I'm definately going to recrute you for the boyscouts! :)
It'll be great to count on someone who has been through the ordiles of Mother Africa...
Take care and keep those adventure stories coming!