Thursday 14 February 2008

Creative cruelty

05-12-2007

12-01-2008

(pictures received by email)


24-01-2008

24-01-2008

Many cockroaches have died. They die every night, so that every next day I hope they’re all dead. But they’re not. The temporary solution is to never walk barefoot. Remember Indiana Jones in the dark cave with the blonde girl? It’s pretty much the same, and if the sound doesn’t bother me, feeling it on my gentle skin is a different story. The extermination method is however quite neat: it seems the poison works partly by contagion; since the bastards eat their fellow dead, the undigested poison sort of goes on killing. Creative, no? Changing topics, I deeply suspect that somebody is doing the same to container trucks in Luanda: they’re dropping like bugs, staying for hours on end with their wheels up, waiting for death to come. As I cannot yet tell when a truck has eaten one of its kind, these days I stay away from every truck I see.

No comments: